Faculty and Staff
As a practitioner, Shelley Dean, OTD, OTR/L recognized a need for more pediatric therapy services in the Charlotte area. In 2004, Shelley opened Crossway Pediatric Therapy as a sole provider. Shelley chose the name "Crossway" to demonstrate the journey made by families and children with special needs. The image of the bridge symbolizes the child's path which ultimately leads to their dreams and independence. Shelley opened Crossway Academy in 2011 with Dorian Ladue , M. Ed. to fulfill the need in the community of special needs children.
- Give families in the community an option for an all-inclusive special education program.
- Operate the Academy in a fully-operational therapy clinic.
- Evaluate, create and implement an individual curriculum and lesson plan for each child.
- Implement a curriculum based on the North Carolina Standard Course of Study—modified for the special needs of each child.
- Evaluate each child by our staff of onsite Occupational and Physical Therapists and Speech Language Pathologists.
- Provide onsite group OT, PT and S/LP therapy services.
- Provide training lessons in social skills through modeling, group sessions, and role playing.