The 2016 maximum award amount per camper is $400. The maximum award amount per household is $600.00 for two or more children living in the same household.
- Must live in Mecklenburg County
- Must show proof of developmental disability (Psychological evaluation)
- Must provide proof of all income (i.e., 1040 tax form, pay stub)
- Must provide proof of address (i.e., lease agreement, photo ID, utility bill)
- Must include a copy of the completed summer camp registration form (including total cost) from the Summer Camp program of choice.
- Must complete the First in Families application
No phone calls will be accepted. No commitments can/will be made via telephone. Individuals are to submit the FIF application with all required documentation via fax or mail. During the review process, some applications may be denied if supportive documentation is missing.
Individuals who have received FIF assistance within the past six months may still apply for Summer Camp Funds. Also, individuals who are awarded Summer Camp Funds are not restricted from requesting assistance with a basic need such as rent or utilities.
About First in Families
First in Families has been a project of InReach since, 1999. FIF is a non-profit 501 (c)(3) organization offering resources and assistance to help people become self-sufficient or meet a basic need, such as housing (rent or mortgage payments), utilities, food, clothing, furniture or appliances. This program can help when all other options have been exhausted. Visit us at www.inreachnc.org for more information.